Cricket is the heart and soul of the people of our country. Almost every citizen loves this sport and adores the players who score runs and take wickets. Fondness for the game is so much that fans wait anxiously for these sporting events. Most awaited of these is the World Cup. It is an event for which people wait for four years and eagerly look forward to becoming a part of it. Although it may not be possible for everyone to witness the event, it is feasible to get cricket updates by following live cricket score. There is so much craze for this sport that people try to keep updated with the event and find out the runs and wickets taken by each baller.
Cricket occupies an important place in the lives of people and they spend a lot of time watching the game. They enjoy the latest information and happenings and fill themselves in with the news. Another aspect which holds a lot of importance is the fact that cricketers also generate a lot of interest for their followers. The runs they score and the wickets taken in each match, are looked up and searched for, to know the ball-wise score of the cricketers. The fans keep an eye on and want to track the scores and wicket count of the cricketers. Lets appraise ourselves with the best wicket-takers from WC 2022:
- Sri Lankan Wanindu Hasaranga with 15 wickets: In what can be called one of the best performances by the renowned bowler, Srilankan ace baller Wanindu managed to get 15 wickets. It is an incredible feat given the tough grounds these matches are played on. Even if he gave a maiden over, he averaged 13.26 in the event, recording a personal best of 3 out of 8. In 8 matches he took 15 wickets working on an economy of 6.41. Maintaining his last year’s performance, Wanindu achieved an exceptional feat with his fine spin bowling. However, he couldn’t succeed in securing a place for his team in the semi-finals. His team reached the fifth spot in the series and had to step out of the game.
- England’s Sam Currin with 13 wickets: Another top scorer in taking wickets in the World Cup is Sam Currin, a bowler from England who has made a mark for himself in the game. A young player of 24, his World Cup economy stands at 6.52. Scoring a magnificent 13 wickets in just 6 matches, Sam has performed remarkably well in the tournament. He managed to secure the award of Man of the Tournament, along with the man of the match, which is an incredible achievement. England won the World Cup. It is the second time that the prolific bowlers led the team to the final win. One of the best shows was his performance in the final match where he scaled 3 for 12 in the finals. Another notable match was the five wickets which he scaled in the opening match of the tournament against Afghanistan. Bowling excellence exhibited by Sam has become an example of brilliance.
- Netherlander Bas de Leede with 13 wickets: One of the top wicket-grocers of the tournament proved to be Bas de Leede with a phenomenal score of 13 wickets in the game. Locking an average of 13.0 in the event, De Leede showed bowling finesse to support the Netherlands’ attack. The economy rate of 7.68 speaks volumes about his genius with the ball. He is known as an all-rounder with an overall impressive medium pace. The credit for the victory against South Africa was rightly conferred on the ace bowler for his brilliant bowling prowess. Surely as is said, catches win the matches. It is indeed the wicket-takers who take the crown of winning the matches for their teams.
- Zimbabwean Muzarabani Blessing with 12 wickets: A wonderful bowler with a winning spree is how Muzarabani is described. Successfully pulling the biggest teams down on their knees is the expertise of these specialists. Facing the absolute challenge of the best teams from all over the world, this superb bowler amazed the world by defeating Pakistan with 1 run, at such a young age. True to his name, Blessing brought down one of the most significant batsmen Mohammed Rizwan. He also cast a winning spree in the match against Ireland and created a stir by scoring 3 for 23 runs, thereby leading Zimbabwe to a fantastic 31-run win. Upholding his economy of 7.65, the enigmatic fast bowler has been adjudged the fourth-best bowler in the World Cup. The bowler stands out for his bowling excellence and proved his superiority in front of the whole world.
- South African Anrich Nortje with 11 wickets: Another extraordinary bowling binge was given by world-famous Anrich Nortje from South Africa scoring 11 wickets. Giving an outstanding splurge of wickets in the form of 11 wickets, the South African bowler made his presence felt by posing a challenge to the batsmen in the World Cup 2022. He bowled a fantastic inning by taking 4 wickets for 10 runs against Bangladesh, which came across as a historical record. His four spells cast a record and made him one of the best wicket-takers in the World Cup. Along with his fling against Pakistan where he scalped four wickets, the fast bowler made a mark for himself in world cricket.
Worthy of mention here are the wicket-taking scores of bowlers Paul van Meekeren with 11 wickets and Arshdeep Singh with 10 wickets to secure a place for themselves in the world bowlers list. With such great cricket taking place during the series, one is bound to keep track of the latest cricket news, and update with the scores from time to time. Cricket is the game residing in millions of hearts and there is no way that the fans would wait for knowing the strides made in the game. Followers and admirers of the game leave no stone unturned to know the scores and also find out details shared about their favourite cricketers. Knowing the mode to get the most appropriate information about the wickets taken and the runs scored is of prime importance for the fans who wait anxiously all throughout the game.